08F-1

The new year came in with a cool dry breeze. No way to tell if it would get stronger, and there's no point in waiting around. I loaded up my kit, including the Latchform, and started walking.

At the beach things looked promising. Good sand, and a nice place to build. Underneath about six inches of reasonable sand was some better sand, so I removed the overburden and used the good stuff. Such work is rewarded in the sculpture.

I worked on it for eight hours. Longest sculpture in a long time, and the first use of the Latchform in an equally long time. If I'd had another day I could have done so much more with this.
























And the day ended in gold, hammered copper, crimson clouds on purple distance. As Rich said "If this is a harbinger for 2008, I'm all for it."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?